CAMPING AND CARAVAN CLUB: July/August 2020
As of 15th July, the majority of Camping and Caravan Club UK sites have reopened.
It has been a long wait (all sites have been closed since 22nd March) but finally we can have a holiday to look forward to that is generally unaffected by travel bans and the fear of getting stranded.
It has been, and continues to be, such a difficult time as we try to control the virus. Before COVID-19 when work (or life in general) got too much - we would book a holiday to give us something to look forward to. But over the past few months, we were not sure if that this would even be a possibility in 2020.
In England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland most campsites are now open, some with facility blocks and some without. Always remember to check the campsite website to see what is available.
The Camping and Caravan Club believe that they are well-placed to offer one of the safest holidays available at this time - when fear and uncertainty are naturally high. They are offering fresh air and ample space for social distancing; combined with the extra measures that they have put in place to keep visitors safe.
- Check in will be contactless: The balance of your payment will be automatically taken on the morning of your arrival.
- Socially-Distanced Arrival: Your car registration will be taken when you book – so when you arrive on-site you can remain in your vehicle and a member of staff will greet you and show you to your pitch.- Social-Distancing Measures: Pitches have 6-metre spacing between them and for those campsites providing facilities – numbers will be limited to manage demand. There will be signage, including floor markings to remind people to keep a 2-metre distance.
- Cleaning: If facility blocks are open, then 2 deep cleans and 4 supplementary cleans per day will take place.
- What remains closed? Communal areas such as receptions, laundries, shops and play areas will be closed. Please plan ahead to ensure that you have brought everything that you need with you.
- For those sites without facilities: only campers with their own chemical toilet will be permitted. These toilets must be compatible with the CDP points.
- For those sites with facilities open: if campers have their own facilities – they are asked to use these as much as possible. This will help with demand and limit any contact with others.
- No Large Gatherings: Only individual bookings are permitted. There are no day visitors allowed on-site and site staff will prevent large groups gathering
Campsites that are expected to remain closed for the rest of the season:
Aberbran, Altnaharra, Bromyard Downs, Cheltenham Racecourse, Clachan, Exeter Racecourse,Gwern-Y-Bwlch, High Onn, Ilminster, Kinlochewe, Moorhampton, Morvich, Nunnykirk, Plymouth Sound, Slinfold, The Howard (Rosedale Abbey), Thirsk Racecourse and Uttoxeter Racecourse.
All overseas Escorted Tour and Summer and Winter Rally programmes have been cancelled for 2020/21. And the Ready Camp Safari Tents, Pods or Self-Catering units will not be opening this season.
The Camping and Caravan Club needs its members like never before. To provide value for members it is offering to extend this year’s membership by +3months - as a credit for when the sites were closed. Members can also book 15 months in advance, so that they can get next year’s holiday sorted too.
The reopening of campsites across the UK has been the most positive news of our year so far. We can finally achieve that ‘getaway’ in beautiful, relaxing and safe surroundings.
And there is some summer sun expected….